Abdominoplasty – Tummy Tuck
Abdominoplasty: What is a tummy tuck?
Have you ever looked in the mirror and wished that your stomach was flat and toned? An abdominoplasty, commonly called a tummy tuck, may be the answer. Abdominoplasty is a type of plastic surgery that provides the abdomen a fresh, toned and flat shape by removing and tightening of excess skin and removing of fat tissue.
After a tummy tuck performed by Aestheticon®’s world-class plastic surgeons, patients notice their stomach area is flatter and more defined. Their abdomen is more proportionate to the rest of their body and weight. A tummy tuck will help you feel better about your body as you notice a firmer, more pleasing contour and shape.
Who can benefit from a tummy tuck?
Anyone looking to tighten his or her stomach area can benefit from a tummy tuck. Our clients consider a tummy tuck for many reasons, among which the most common are:
- Massive Weight Loss: After an extensive weight loss, some parts of the body are left with loose, hanging skin that, even with a comprehensive exercise plan, will not go away. The abdomen is one of the most common areas that experiences loose hanging skin after extensive weight loss and a tummy tuck will remove excess fat and skin after weight loss.
- Post Pregnancy: The wear and tear on the body caused by pregnancy are among the common frustrations of mothers. Following pregnancy, many women have a hard time getting their body back to its pre-pregnancy condition. Abdominoplasty can restore a woman’s body and help her look as good (if not better) than she did before she had children!
- Pain Relief: Strong abdominal muscles promote back support. When the stomach muscles stretch and become loosened, the support these muscles provide significantly decreases. Pregnancy and extreme weight loss can make the abdominal muscles weak, causing bad posture and back pain. A tummy tuck performed by Aestheticons’s surgeons, will pull together and tighten the weakened abdominal muscles, relieving pain and helping to increase support for the back.
Different tummies – Different procedures: How is a tummy tuck performed?
At Aestheticon® we know that no two tummies are alike. Every patient has his or her reasons for scheduling a tummy tuck. But what kind of tummy tuck do you need? Your ideal abdominoplasty techniques are determined by your underlying anatomies, the location and amount of excessive skin, and even your clothing preference. You can rest assured knowing that Aestheticon®’s plastic surgeons will evaluate your body, medical history and your personal desires to determine which surgical option is the best solution for you and your body.
- Full Abdominoplasty (Complete Abdominoplasty): A full tummy tuck requires a hip-to-hip incision below the navel and another incision around the belly button that allows for the proper repositioning of the naval after removing the excess skin in the upper tummy region. After tightening the muscles with abdominal sutures and removing the extra skin, the remaining skin is pulled down over the stomach resulting in a toned and flat abdomen.
- Mini-Abdominoplasty (Partial Abdominoplasty): When compared to a full tummy tuck, less skin and fat will be removed during a mini tummy tuck. Depending on the requirements of the patient, the belly button may be repositioned, along with the tightening of the abdominal muscle and fascia. A mini abdominoplasty requires a smaller incision just at or above the pubic region, similar to the incision for a cesarean section.
- Extended Tummy Tuck: An extended tummy tuck combines a full abdominoplasty with a lateral thigh lift. This comprehensive surgical procedure results in a flatter tummy and shapes the waist, removing the “love handles” to give you back your hourglass figure. The incision is completed horizontally over the length of the abdomen to the back of the hips.
- Circumferential Tummy Tuck (Body Lift, Belt Lipectomy): A circumferential surgery combines an extended tummy tuck and a buttocks lift and is performed in the shape of a belt traveling around the entire body. This type of surgery is an excellent solution for those individuals who have experienced massive weight loss. For more information, please visit our Body Lift information section here.
- High Lateral Tension Abdominoplasty: In addition to a vertical tightening of the abdominal muscles, a horizontal tightening of the muscles will be performed, resulting in an even more toned tummy, a washboard stomach.
How long does a tummy tuck take?
Your tummy tuck procedure can range from thirty minutes to a full hour for a mini-abdominoplasty, and up to three hours for a comprehensive procedure. Due to the broad experience of the plastic surgeons at Aestheticon, we can assure a minimalized surgery time while maintaining maximum safety and results! All of our tummy tucks are performed under general anesthesia in one of our approved partner hospitals, which requires a hospitalization period of 1 to 2 days.
How long does it take to recover from a tummy tuck?
Depending on the type of tummy tuck you receive (see above tummy tuck procedures), you should avoid strenuous activities for 1 to 6 weeks. After your abdominoplasty, a dressing is applied, and drains are placed near the incisions to prevent fluid buildup. Additionally, a special compression garment will be worn for a specific amount of time to support the healing process by keeping your newly toned, flat tummy in shape.
Can I combine other surgical procedures with my tummy tuck?
Absolutely! Abdominoplasty surgery is commonly combined with other body contouring procedures such as liposuction, breast augmentation, or breast lift surgery. In fact, patients often combine these surgical procedures with their tummy tuck to achieve better overall body contouring. If you are interested in combining your tummy tuck with another plastic surgery be sure to speak to your plastic surgeon about your options during your initial consultation.
Are there any non-surgical alternatives for a tummy tuck?
If a tummy tuck isn’t advisable for you or if you prefer to improve your appearance without undergoing surgery, Aestheticon® offers a wide variety of non-surgical treatments such as radio frequency therapy or Mesotherapy. These non-surgical options eliminate fat deposits, skin tightening, sculpturing the body, and revitalizing blood and lymphatic circulation. Furthermore, they stimulate the production of skin-essential substances. Aestheticon®’s slimming specialists are not only DHA licensed, but they also possess the experience and expertise to provide safe, effective, and affordable treatments.
How much does a tummy tuck in Dubai cost?
Due to the variety of surgical possibilities, the exact cost of a price of a tummy tuck in Dubai will vary from patient to patient. Your tummy tuck is calculated during your initial consultation with the plastic surgeon. The total cost of your abdominoplasty will include the tummy tuck, as well as expenses for your hospital stay, doctor’s fees, costs of anesthesia, and follow-up exams.
What complications can occur after a tummy tuck?
Tummy tuck surgery is one of the most common plastic surgery procedures performed around the world. They have been proven to be both safe and effective. As with any surgery, complications can arise, to include bleeding, infection, fluid accumulation, and scarring. Every possible risk or complication will be discussed during your initial consultation with your plastic surgeon.
If you think that a tummy tuck may be beneficial for you or wish to learn more about the tummy tuck procedure, please contact a member of the Aestheticon surgical team today to schedule your tummy tuck consultation.